In the previous post I mentioned a few facts that people should be aware of when trying to decide how to vote for Proposition 8.
Gay activists insist that same-sex marriage is just a question of allowing them certain rights and that it will not affect other people. In particular they stress that
1) Their lifestyle will not be taught in schools.
2) It won’t affect anyone else.
3) It won’t affect churches or private organizations.
I mentioned a few facts related to the first point in the previous blog. Now I list a few more facts about the second point made by gay activists.
Will not affect you?
· In New Mexico, a same-sex couple filed a “human rights” complaint against a photographer who declined to photograph their “commitment” ceremony. The photographer lost and was ordered to cough up more than
$6,600 in attorneys’ fees. Before the ruling, the couple hired a different photographer from the myriad of other ones available, but still chose to retaliate against the first photographer for her lack of “moral approval”.
· In Georgia, a counselor was fired because she referred a woman in a same-sex relationship to another counselor for relationship advice. The second counselor provided service that the woman herself
characterized as “exemplary.” Yet she still demanded—and obtained—the first counselor’s termination for her lack of “moral approval”.
· In California, a woman in a same-sex relationship sued a doctor who declined to artificially inseminate her, claiming discrimination on the basis of “sexual orientation.” The woman misrepresented her marital status to the doctor, who has a policy not to perform the procedure on unmarried women regardless of their “orientation.” Other doctors successfully performed the procedure, and she has since borne three healthy children, yet the woman continues to demand the first doctor’s “moral approval” in court.
Note that having other options did not satisfy the people involved in the above same-sex relationships. The point to see: they demand moral approval. And some will go to court, have you fired, or otherwise seek
your demise to get it. And they don’t care if you have to act against your conscience, just so long as you can ease theirs.
…a few other examples…
- The University of Toledo fired an African-American administrator for writing a letter-to-the-editor complaining about homosexuals being compared to blacks. (”I cannot wake up tomorrow and not be a black
woman,” Crystal Dixon wrote to the Toledo Free Press .) University of Toledo President Lloyd Jacobs determined that Dixon’s exercise of her First Amendment rights was an intolerable violation of the school’s
non-discrimination policy — thereby discriminating against adherents of the Judeo-Christian ethic.
-(February 2008) — A professor was fired from San Jose Evergreen Community College after being accused of providing an “offensive” answer out of the textbook to a student’s question about heredity and homosexual behavior.She had essentially asked if people were “born gay”,and the teacher truthfully answered that no one really knows….but THAT was an un-PC answer.
- (May 29,2008) Colorado Governor Bill Ritter, a Democrat, signed a law allowing men to use women’s bathrooms and locker rooms, based on so-called sexual-identity (a man who feels like a woman, wants to be a woman or thinks he is a woman). Under the state’s new “transgender nondiscrimination” law, restaurants and other public accommodations that try to keep men out of the ladies room are subject to a fine of up to $5,000 and a year in jail.
-Hewlett-Packard fired an employee for posting near his cubicle a sign with Bible verses relating to the prohibition of men lying with men. This was in response to a celebrate-sexual-diversity poster put up by
the company. Hewlett-Packard does not celebrate diversity of opinion.
-Thomas Meeker, who worked as a systems engineer for Rockwell Collins in Cedar Rapids, Iowa, was fired for refusing to submit to “diversity training.” Meeker, who wasn’t discriminating against anyone, said that
as a Christian he couldn’t participate in a program that celebrates what the Bible calls sinful. Rockwell Collins said that when it comes to bending the knee to the new sexual ethic, conscience is no excuse.
-The American Red Cross fired an employee, Michael Hartman, for expressing his disagreement with homosexuality. Hartman had been a volunteer and donor for the Red Cross for over 30 years when he became an employee at the San Diego, California, center. He had been there for about eight months when, in the latter part of May 2005, a mass e-mail was sent to employees reminding everyone that June was Gay and
Lesbian Pride Month and employees were encouraged to “observe” the celebration.
The e-mail, distributed by Chief Diversity Officer David Wilkins, stated, “It is my pleasure to announce that June will be recognized as Gay and Lesbian Pride Month at national headquarters…It is only fitting that we reinforce our organization’s commitment to inclusion…by recognizing this important group and celebrating the many accomplishments they have made to our organization…I’d like to take this opportunity during the month of June to encourage field units to extend their reach into gay and lesbian communities.”
As a Christian, Hartman was concerned by the e-mail and expressed his sentiments to his female supervisor, “who did not care.” He then e-mailed several head administrators, who immediately called him into the Red Cross regional center in Pomona, California. Hartman was reprimanded and told that his e-mail was “not appropriate.”
He was put on “administrative leave” from work and called into a meeting with administrators. James Hartline, an ex-homosexual who is now a Christian conservative activist, went with Hartman to the
meeting to serve as a form of representation. The administrators refused to see Hartman unless he was by himself, and when he insisted upon having counsel at the meeting, he was dismissed and told that they would “reschedule” a time to speak with him. Two days later, he received his termination notice.
-Recently,at San Jose State University,school administrators discontinued blood drives on campus to protest
the FDA’s ban on gay men giving blood….a ban based on the fact that a homosexual’s HIV risk is 60 times greater than that of heterosexuals.Now,apparently,this is the choice that the PC policewant to give tou…bleed to death from lack of an available blood supply, or risk getting AIDS from infected blood. It seems that inthese PC times,the rights of homosexuals to not be offended trumpsyour right to not get AIDS from them.